David ‘Gator’ Gately has provided his full tips and race-by-race ratings for Saturday’s meeting at Victoria Racing Club, Flemington he Winter Finals Raceday!
The highlight of the meeting for Gator is the Listed Winter Championship Final (Race 6). The nine-race card begins at 11.50am and should be an exciting day of racing.
All ratings for FLEMINGTON are for GOOD/SOFT track.
The Rail is back in the TRUE. It was out 12m here last meeting and inside lanes in the straight were avoided by most as the day wore on. Straight races, out beyond middle was the spot.
BET OF THE DAY *
FLEMINGTON – Race 5 No.4 – ROCK UP – Walked in maiden then went 1400m-to-2000m here and way back, held up whilst Texas Tea was racing away. He picked up and charged into clear second and that race rated very well.
BEST VALUE BET OF THE DAY**
FLEMINGTON – Race 4 No.8 – ANPHINA – Good debut given she was the only horse to run on then beat all-bar Brosnan (then very good in G1 in Qld). Month off into latest and had task covering ground, she ran well for mine. Draws in/ 1600m looks ok.
BEST ROUGHIE OF THE DAY ***
FLEMINGTON – Race 7 No.8 – CHRISTIANS – Had excuses first two this prep then charged home here in Listed grade to key rival Ocean Beyond. Back to 1100m latest ridden warmer and that just dulls his finish for me. Good speed on here, colder ride, to 1200m and can run well at the nice $16 price.
David Gately Flemington Tips
Race 1 – TCL Leilani Series Final – 1400m
- 4 – IL AFFARE – Resumes. Had one very good run in Spring rushing home in similar splits to Frankie Pinot off a slow speed then quickly spelled. Was under a big hold in recent jumpout.
- 6 – MISS GOBCAIN – Wide with big weight and top return win Cranbourne. She has won her last two when 2nd-up. Maps for gun trail here.
- 7 – MEGAMEA
- 3 – ZOUSONIC
- 5 – GALGANI
Race 2 – Yulong Next Gen Sprinters Final – 1200m
- 2 – THRONE BONE – Very nice last 100m Hillside Vs slow tempo then to 1100m last week and ran over one coming off smart (and fast) debut win in Ghaanati. Yes 1200m. Wish drew wider but top-rater.
- 11 – WITHOUT ENVY – 1st-start. Not easy here on debut but loved recent jumpout under a hold whilst Group horse (Aysar) was under the whip. Great watch!!
- 4 – ZOU SENSATION
- 10 – DISCERNMENT
- 5 – CHASETON
Race 3 – Mss Security Rivette Series Final – 1400m
- 4 – WROTE TO ARATAKI – Sustained a long run coming wide and top return win beating Place Of Gold who ran 2nd to Cardinal Gem last week. Had task latest on tough track from way back Vs tempo. She box-seated 3rd-up last prep and beat all-bar smart one in My Whisper.
- 2 – MY YANKEE GIRL – Strong finish here beating home all those here who are coming through that race. Back 100m latest yet stormed over the flying Adele Amour in good time/figures. Go well.
- 8 – LIBERATED GIRL
- 1 – BELLA ROUGE
- 5 – CANBYA
- 3 – BROOKLINE
Race 4 – Listed Kennedy Taj Rossi Series Final – 1600m
- 8 – ANPHINA ** – Good debut given she was the only horse to run on then beat all-bar Brosnan (then very good in G1 in Qld). Month off into latest and had task covering ground, she ran well for mine. Draws in/ 1600m looks ok.
- 3 – MAGNASPIN – Did attack line on debut behind smart debutante in slick time then had excuses Caulfleld and fancy wanted further anyway. Badly held-up latest then forced back to (slower) inside lanes and should have beaten Grinzinger Bishop whom he now meets 2.5kg better.
- 2 – GRINZINGER BISHOP
- 4 – QUANG THREE
- 1 – KINGS CONSORT
- 7 – SKYPHIOS
Race 5 – GH Mumm Mahogany Challenge Final – 2500m
- 4 – ROCK UP * – Walked in maiden then went 1400m-to-2000m here and way back, held up whilst Texas Tea was racing away. He picked up and charged into clear second and that race rated very well.
- 7 – COUNTRY’S LIGHT – Was only 2nd-up here latest to 2000m when ran on hard to Alverdun, third horse was beaten some 10L by Texas Tea subsequently however, he didn’t have much luck so doubt that is a serious guide. On the up.
- 6 – WHIRLY JIG
- 3 – PHERE THE EX
- 2 -FOREST DIAMOND
Race 6 – Lexus Banjo Paterson Series Final – 2600m
- 10 – MIMI’S AWARD – Late splits quite good 3rd-up then blinkers on and chased Horrifying into clear second at Hillside. Did beat Saracen Knight when they clashed in Spring behind a good one in Silent Sovereign. Needs another win but may be the value at near double-figure odds here?
- 1 – MASERARTIE BAY – Led/ Kept running and too strong for Pesto latest which clearly ties in through many key rivals from Saracen Knight race. Up to 58kg is the new challenge but very hard to run over.
- 4 – SARACEN KNIGHT
- 2 – DON’T DOUBT DORY
- 5 – PESTO
- 9 – HORRIFYING
Race 7 – Listed Furphy Santa Ana Lane Sprint Final – 1200m
- 8 – CHRISTIANS ***- Had excuses first two this prep then charged home here in Listed grade to key rival Ocean Beyond. Back to 1100m latest ridden warmer and that just dulls his finish for me. Good speed on here, colder ride, to 1200m and can run well at the nice $16 price.
- 3 – SIRIUS SUSPECT – Only collared late in that Ocean Beyond/ Crestani race then good third in Gold Topaz given better ground (and quinella) were wider. Likes straight. Needs another win. Well-weighted as a 93-rater.
- 1 – SAVATOXL
- 6 – ZAC DE BOSS
Race 8 – Listed Penfolds Winter Championship Final – 1600m
- 12 – TUVALU – Took a good scalp in Visinari here in key lead-up race with 58kg. They clearly beat the rest. Goes forward I assume it quickly offset gate? Worst career run is second!
- 7 – FRANKIE PINOT – Wins Wangoom fresh then made up a stack of ground in G1 Goodwood! Had task latest from hopeless spot (ran well) and is winner at 1600m, beating key rival here Hi Stranger (but had no weight that day). Drawn to swoop!
- 5 – LOOKS LIKE ELVIS
- 15 – SIR DAVY
- 8 – HI STANGER
- 16 – MIND SHOT
Race 9 – Tab Silver Bowl Series Final – 1600m
- 3 – CARDINAL GEM – Wide and all honors his last week for me. Ran very well in Sandown Guineas his one go 1600m. Can win again!
- 5 – LITERARY MAGNATE – Very good from back her win mostly on-pace race and beat home Cardinal Gem that day. Top effort again latest with 59kg from bad spot mid race. Looks value danger for mine.
- 4 – ARRAN BAY
- 7 – THALASSOPHILES
- 2 – BLAZERRO
- 1- JIMMY THE BEAR
Don’t forget, along with Gator’s Flemington Tips you can hear the great man alongside Dean Lester and Warren Huntly he The Melbourne Form Panel he RSN927AM each Saturday morning between 8am-9am.
Gately also sticks around with Gareth Hall between 9am-10am for The Interstate Hour.
Tune in live on Saturday morning to get the best selections and Racing Tips for each feature Saturday from the best Tipsters on Radio!