CS vs KF: Colombo Stars will lock horns against Kandy Falcons in Match 2 of the Lanka Premier League, 2022 on Tuesday, December 6, 2022, at Mahinda Rajapaksa International Stadium, Hambantota.
Colombo Stars lost the Eliminator in the last edition of the tournament and must be looking to go the distance this season. Romario Shepherd, Charith Asalanka, Dinesh Chandimal, and Naveen-ul-Haq will be the key players for Colombo Stars.
Kandy Falcons, who were known as the Kandy Warriors for the first two seasons, finished fifth in both the 2020 and 2021 editions of the tournament. They will be eyeing a top-four spot this season with a plethora of T20 stars in their ranks.
Here are the match details, pitch report, probable playing 11, squads, player records/stats and dream11 fantasy team predictions for Match 2 of the Lanka Premier League, 2022 between Colombo Stars and Kandy Falcons
CS vs KF Match Details
- Match: Colombo Stars vs Kandy Falcons Match 2
- dates: Tuesday, December 6, 2022
- Time: 7:30pm (IST) | 2:00 PM (GMT) | 7:30 PM (Local)
- Venue: Mahinda Rajapaksa International Stadium, Hambantota
CS vs KF Pitch Report
The surface at the Mahinda Rajapaksa International Stadium in Hambantota has been a good one to bat on. We have seen plenty of high-scoring games at this venue and it shouldn’t be any different for this match as well. Anything around 170-180 will be the competitive total here.
CS vs KF Pitch Stats For Match 2 of Lanka Premier League
- Total matches: 7
- Matches won batting first: 5
- Matches won bowling first: 2
- Average 1st Inns score: 130
- Average 2nd Inns score: 103
- Highest total recorded: 182/4 (20 Ov) by SL vs ZIM
- Lowest total recorded: 95/10 (17.4 Ov) by PAK vs SL
- Highest score chased: 164/4 (18.1 Ov) by SL vs RSA
- Lowest score defended: 78/4 (7 Ov) by RSA vs SL
CS vs KF Probable Playing XI For Match 2 of Lanka Premier League
Colombo Stars Playing XI
Angelo Mathews (C), Niroshan Dickwella (WK), Jeffrey Vandersay, Naveen-ul-Haq, Seekkuge Prasanna, Romario Shepherd, Kasun Rajitha, Charith Asalanka, Dhananhaya Lakshan, Dinesh Chandimal, Nishan Madushka.
Kandy Falcons Playing XI
Wanindu Hasaranga (C), Minod Bhanuka (WK), Najibullah Zadran, Andre Fletcher, Matheesha Pathirana, Kamindu Mendis, Oshane Thomas, Ashen Bandara, Chamika Karunaratne, Fabian Allen, Pathum Nissanka.
CS vs KF Player Record/Stats (Must Picks) For Match 2 of Lanka Premier League
|player||Stats (This Tournament)|
|Wanindu Hasaranga||11 wickets & 89 runs|
|Charith Asalanka||164 runs & 2 wickets|
|Najibullah Zadran||152 runs|
|Niroshan Dickwella||151 runs|
CS vs KF Top Fantasy Picks
- Dinesh Chandimal: He was the leading run-scorer for Colombo Stars last year. In 9 matches, he has accumulated 277 runs at an average of 46.16 with a strike rate of 150.54.
- Naveen ul Haq: He will be one of the game changers in this match. In 22 T20I matches, he has picked up 31 wickets at an economy of 7.88 and an average of 18.26.
- Wanindu Hasaranga: He is one of the best leg spinners in world cricket currently. In 52 T20I matches, he has picked up 86 wickets at an economy of 6.67 and an average of 14.49. He is equally good with the bat too, having amassed 473 runs in 43 T20I innings.
CS vs KF Captaincy Picks For Match 2 of Lanka Premier League
- Wanindu Hasaranga
- Karim Janat
- Pathum Nissanka
CS vs KF Dream11 Prediction – Fantasy Team For Match 2 of Lanka Premier League
CS vs KF Fantasy Team 1
- wicket keeper: Niroshan Dickwella
- batters: Andre Fletcher, Najibullah Zadran, Charith Asalanka, Pathum Nissanka
- All rounders: Carlos Brathwaite, Benny Howell, Wanindu Hasaranga
- bowlers: Fin Allen, Naveen-ul-Haq, Romario Shepherd
- Capt: Wanindu Hasaranga
- Vice Captain: Pathum Nissanka
CS vs KF Fantasy Team 2
- wicket keeper: Niroshan Dickwella
- batters: Andre Fletcher, Charith Asalanka, Pathum Nissanka
- All rounders: Benny Howell, Karim Janat, Wanindu Hasaranga, Chamika Karunaratne
- bowlers: Fin Allen, Kasun Rajitha, Naveen-ul-Haq
- Capt: Karim Janat
- Vice Captain: Wanindu Hasaranga
CS vs KF – Who will win the match? (Probable Winner)
Colombo Stars are expected to win this match.
Disclaimer: This team is based on the understanding, analysis, and instinct of the author. While selecting your team for the fantasy game please consider the points mentioned and make your own decision at the time of making your team.